Thursday, November 13, 2008
The MAMMA flickr group theme last week was “remembrance”. Preparations for my craft show took precedence, and I did not get my entry done in time for the swap. But I thought the theme was worth spending some time on.
My mom has all these great photo albums of my relatives, lots of neat antique photos. Looking through them reminds me of where I’ve come from. Both my maternal great grandparents came off the boat from Sicily. I hope someday to visit the place of my ancestors.
This photo of my mom’s parents reminds me of how much they loved each other. They were together for 64 years when my grandfather passed a few years ago. I miss both of them greatly. I like to do things to honor their memories. I made a big shadowbox collage about my maternal grandmother I’ll show you someday.
The background was made a few months ago with gel medium and acrylic paint. Then I stitched the border on my sewing machine in brown thread. The lace was a gift from my grandmother. I have a box of old buttons I like to draw from for my ATCs. The metallic element that says “parents” came from my hunt at the Dollar Store for collage items. Nice score, I think.
I’m not sure when this photo of my Grandma Ann and Grandpa Chris was taken. Maybe when he was on leave from Korea or just returning home or right before he left. Aren’t these two just beautiful?
Hey! Who Is This?!
- As a self-taught, mixed-media collage artist I am powerless to the draw of finding a way to mix this with that. My work centralizes around my love of paper. I currently dabble in making fine art paper collage jewelry and accessories from game pieces such as dominoes and checkers. I am a Tiny Work of Awesome!
- ► 2012 (29)
- ► 2011 (32)
- ► 2010 (43)
- ► 2009 (82)
- I'm an Elf!!
- It Went Well!
- Your Weekend Plans Include Me!
- Happy Thanksgiving!
- Etsy Artist Feature: Beadwork by Amanda Preske
- Craft Show Today!!
- My Photo Studio
- Shuffle Off to Buffalo…
- New Product Launch – Altered Domino Christmas Orna...
- Remembrance ATC
- Craft Show News
- Double the Fun
- Holiday Arts & Crafts Show at Casa Larga Winery
- 2008 Election Results
- Finding Words in Books for Collage: A Tutorial
- Queen of Bling ATC
- ▼ November (16)
art etsy paper handmade collage projects rochester craft show art studio events home life pendants artists treasury art journal jewelry twitter mixed media altered domino jewelry flickr sales artists trading cards challenge rochester ny Etsy Street Team Tiny Works of Awesome photography work in progress funny supplies swap tutorial class Creativity giveaway new work tags business domino ornaments aceo nerd photo jewelry press