Wednesday, January 20, 2010

Color Theory: Work In Progress


In the new issue of Cloth Paper Scissors magazine is a great project about using the color wheel. I tend to use a lot of bright colors in my work but find I’m getting tired of the same old color combinations. So I started this project to work out the kinks in my use of color. Here is what I’ve got so far. I’m still stitching it and assembling it.

Color Theory: Work In Progress

I’m using the sewing machine to add details. I love sewing on paper and that is the main reason I got the sewing machine in the first place. I’ve had it for more than a year and I don’t think I’ve even run any fabric through it!

Sewing Paper

Since we are on the topic of color I thought you might like to see how my scrap paper is looking. I’m definitely going to save it and use it for collage! Isn’t it cool?

Scrap Paper

2 comments:

MagicMarkingsArt said...

love seeing those pops of luscious colors together - just looking at them makes one happy! thanks for sharing a little bit of your process.

SamsArt5 said...

You always do, say/share something that inspires me to run up to my studio and make art! You're a wonderful artist and teacher! Hugs, Sammy

Post a Comment

Without your comments, I'm just talking to myself! Say something before they come to take me away. Ha ha, ho ho, hee hee.

ShareThis