Friday, October 10, 2008

Home Sweet Home ATC


On flickr I happened upon a group called Maggie’s Monday Musings (MAMMA). Maggie posts a theme for the week and the group members answer the call in Artist Trading Card (ATC) format. Here’s my entry for the “home sweet home” challenge.

home sweet home ATC

Maggie posted a house template on her blog and I really liked the proportions of it so I used it for my ATC. I collaged scrapbook paper for the house background. Then I added some paper lace, a print of a bird and a nest, and some words from a vintage book. On my sewing machine I stitched the red thread border around the house. The blue sky background was collaged from book paper and gel medium. Then I painted the sky blue.

I’m looking forward to participating in my first ATC swap through this group. When I get my swap I’ll let you see it!

3 comments:

Anitra Cameron said...

How lovely. You make me want to do one, too!

And I don't know where or how you did your blog page, but it is flat terrific.

WendyK said...

Love this, anything with a bird on it, will please me

Unknown said...

So pretty!
I love the beautiful paper lace touch you added.

Post a Comment

Without your comments, I'm just talking to myself! Say something before they come to take me away. Ha ha, ho ho, hee hee.

ShareThis