Thursday, May 29, 2008
Have I mentioned we’re moving into a house? A house of our very own? Our first house? I did? Well, I’m sure you’re just dying to hear more about it!
It’s a lovely 3 bedroom/2 full bathroom colonial in Irondequoit, NY. It’s not very far from where we are renting right now. The best thing is that it is about 8 blocks from my twin sister’s house! Yay!! So we’ll be seeing more of her and her adorable family. I love her so much. We are inseparable.
Other great features of this house:
- First floor laundry – need I say more about how happy this makes me? It makes me very, very happy because I cannot carry laundry baskets up and down too many stairs these days.
- Detached garage – one word: woodshop!
- Huge bedroom that I am turning into my studio. It will have room for more than one work surface. More about my exhilarating organizing efforts soon!
- It is in “move in” condition and needs no to very little work
- The front of the house faces south meaning lots of light for Mr. M’s plants!
- The kitchen counter top is teal! Not boring off-white or tan. Color! In my kitchen! I love this!
- Working fireplace in the living room
- Half of the basement is finished - good for cooling off and hanging out in the summer months
- Closet organizer in the master bedroom
- A yard to plant flowers and dig up stuff, have a compost pile and a rain barrel
But, for now, we are living in Box Town, and will continue to do so for about 2.5 more weeks. I do not like Box Town. I cannot walk around our place to get to the other stuff that needs to be packed. Also, living in this half-here and half-there limbo is stressful to me, as I like things to be constant. So I’m learning some new coping skills, like walking around the apartment with my fingers in my ears and my eyes closed repeating “this will all be okay soon” over and over again. Deep breath. Okay. I’m good.
Moving stinks. The process is way stressful. I’m hoping the payoff of living in our own home is worth this craziness! The studio will be the last thing to be packed, as I need it to de-stress in and create calm in my head. Trust me when I say this… this is the last time we EVER move.
Hey! Who Is This?!
- As a self-taught, mixed-media collage artist I am powerless to the draw of finding a way to mix this with that. My work centralizes around my love of paper. I currently dabble in making fine art paper collage jewelry and accessories from game pieces such as dominoes and checkers. I am a Tiny Work of Awesome!
- ► 2012 (29)
- ► 2011 (32)
- ► 2010 (43)
- ► 2009 (82)
- ▼ 2008 (98)
art etsy paper handmade collage projects rochester craft show art studio events home life pendants artists treasury art journal jewelry twitter mixed media altered domino jewelry flickr sales artists trading cards challenge rochester ny Etsy Street Team Tiny Works of Awesome photography work in progress funny supplies swap tutorial class Creativity giveaway new work tags business domino ornaments aceo nerd photo jewelry press