Sunday, February 24, 2008

Felted Bead Necklaces

Remember the felt beads Mom and I made? We created many pretty things with them!

Black & Green Felted Necklace :: Close Up
Mom designed and made the Green and Black necklace.

Mom did most of the designing. I did some too, but I must say that I think her stuff is better. One of hers has little glass seed beads sewn onto the blue felt beads, and it’s so attractive and elegant.

Blue Sparkly Felt Bead Necklace

Fancy Purple Felt Bead Necklace :: Close Up
We made this one together.

The necklace with the purple beads was the hardest to make. Figuring out how to get the filigree parts in between the beads to stay put was a challenge. They are sewed onto the felt beads with purple thread. The rest is strung on tiger tail. Mom did the sewing and I did the holding so they wouldn’t get away from her. It was a two-person job.

One of the necklaces I made is my favorite. The tiger tail is woven in and out of the beads in a fancy way. It has a delicate look about it that I find lovely. The other beads are glass. I wanted to do something different, something decidedly non-felt-bead looking.

Weaved Felted Bead NecklaceThis one is sold!

Please see my Flickr page for more pictures. There are a lot more things to see!

Some of these will be posted to my Etsy shop soon. Mom and I are still discussing pricing and shipping costs. I’ll let you know when we roll them out. If you are interested in them now I can set something up just for you.

4 comments:

NateandCate.Etsy.com said...

I love felt beads! Those are all amazing, great job. The time you spent with the filigree beads was worth it, it's lovely.

Unknown said...

Wow those are really striking. I especially love the one with the purple felt beads.

Anonymous said...

That felt good!

Unknown said...

I love these!
Balanced and so colorful!

Post a Comment

Without your comments, I'm just talking to myself! Say something before they come to take me away. Ha ha, ho ho, hee hee.

ShareThis