Thursday, August 19, 2010

Hand Art Therapy Doodle


Hand Art Therapy 8/18/10 :: Close Up


Playing with my watercolor crayons has been helping me regain the use of my right hand after the hemiplegic migraine. Still not quite 100%. I would give my arm an 8 out of 10 and my leg a 6. Traveling short distances around the house without a crutch is getting easier.


Hand Art Therapy 8/18/10


Watercolor crayons are so much fun. I like to use a brand called Caran d’Ache. They go down smoothly and provide good coverage. You can also lay down a really light amount and still get a nice color wash. They are a little pricey but totally worth it. I bought one size up from the smallest set to get started and then bought them from the a la carte rack individually to choose the colors I wanted. Bought one or two here and there and soon enough I had a nice collection of colors.

I am painting with a little water filled brush. It holds water and squirts it out of the brush tip. No need for a water container. This thing is brilliant!

The details were added last with my Marvy Le Plume II markers.

- Vickie

2 comments:

Honey from the Bee said...

I haven't heard of these crayons before, but they sure sound like fun! Art therapy! So glad you're doing better and to be able to have a therapy that is right up your alley must be wonderful. Take care

Scrapacat said...

Glad to hear you are improving. This page is fun, funky and bright. Love it!
~ky

Post a Comment

Without your comments, I'm just talking to myself! Say something before they come to take me away. Ha ha, ho ho, hee hee.

ShareThis