Friday, June 26, 2009

“Little House” Collage

Little House Collage

I posted earlier about my class with Claudine Hellmuth. I learned a lot from her about resist techniques. All the parts for this collage are finally put together! It’s a Little House!

I really love how this turned out. At first I was doubtful that I had cut all the parts correctly and it wasn’t going to come together. But it did! It involved hammering in about 50 silver eyelets. That was actually more fun that I thought it would be. Guess I had a little aggression to get out! Ha!

House Collage Roof

On the house at the top and the “M” I got a chance to buy and use Tim Holtz’s Distress Crackle Paints. They are amazing! It crackles as the paint dries in a lovely porcelain way. Really nice product! No more waiting for double or triple step processes to get crackle! Now I’m going to have to buy more colors! Can you tell I like it by the number of exclamation points I use?!

House Collage Close

The bird image is printed directly through my ink jet printer onto the Sticky Back Canvas! I love that about this canvas. So many possibilities!

I told my niece that we would make a Saturday Play Date and make one of these together. I think she would like to learn about how I make things since she says she wants to be an artist like me. I want to encourage that as much as possible. She’s pretty good at drawing for her age.

Now I have to find a prominent place to hang this in the house. Might have to move something for it. We have a lot of artwork hanging in our house!

click images to see bigger over at flickr

4 comments:

tamdoll said...

Love that house! Must have been a great class & lots of fun.

Nancy said...

Adorable! I love all the textures, patterns & colors you used!

Anonymous said...

I'm glad to see you've been hanging out with your friends Claudine & Tim - I know you love their work!

The first thing I thought when I saw the house? Dang, that's a whole lot of eyelets! It really turned out nice and I can tell how much fun you had creating it.

Nice work, Vickie!

Miss Val's Creations said...

This is adorable. It would be so fun to make something like this with your niece! I have a little niece myself who is curious about how I make things!

Post a Comment

Without your comments, I'm just talking to myself! Say something before they come to take me away. Ha ha, ho ho, hee hee.

ShareThis